Noticeable results, no surgery, and no recovery time – discover the benefits of Neuromodulators (Botox and Dysport) at our practice.
There are many different reasons that patients choose to receive this kind of treatment, most commonly including the following:
- Reducing excessive gum display when smiling
- Correcting asymmetric smiles (when one side of the mouth pulls more than the other)
- Facial eshtetics, i.e. removal of fine lines and wrinkles
- Neck esthetics (reducing prominent neck tendons and alleviating jawls)
- Treatment for bruxism (clenching or grinding causing tooth wear, broken teeth, sore jaw muscles)
- Treating more severe conditions such as TMJ disorders
- Alleviating chronic headaches
We can help relieve any of these symptoms, and help you achieve a more youthful, radiant appearance.
What is Botox or Dysport Cosmetic?
Botox or Dysport are medications that can only be prescribed by a healthcare professional. They are used as a temporary treatment for patients between the ages of 18 and 65. The treatments are quick and comfortable, and in only a few hours you will begin to notice a difference in the way your skin looks and feels.
How do Neuromodulators such as Botox or Dysport work?
The neuromodulators contain a special protein that blocks overactive nerve impulses and restrict muscle contractions. In doing so, they help to relax your muscles beneath the skin, so fine lines and wrinkles become less visible. This gives your skin a healthy, more youthful appearance.
Depending on each individual, the results can last between four and six months. Treatment is temporary, so when the neurorserum begins to wear off, the skin will return to the way it looked before treatment.
Neuromodulators can be very effectively used to relieve symptoms of TMJ, as well as provide comfort to patients receiving dental implants. In each of these cases, they reduce the amount of stress placed on the teeth and jaw so patients feel more comfortable and confident.
Am I a good candidate for Neuromodulators?
The best candidates for treatment are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 65
- Diagnosed with, and experiencing discomfort from, TMJ
- Concerned about removing wrinkles and fine lines
- Looking for a non-surgical skin treatment
- Aware that the results are temporary
- In good physical and psychological health
- Willing to discuss their concerns and desires with their dentist before treatment
If you feel that you are a good candidate for this treatment, and are interested in learning more, please contact our practice to schedule a consultation. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.