Clear aligners have been a game changer for those who want their smiles improved discreetly, instead of it being so obvious that orthodontic treatment is underway.
How do they work?
Aligners are custom-made for each patient using strong, clear plastic. There are no metal brackets or wires required; treatment simply consists of wearing a series of clear aligners. Molds of your mouth are taken with our 3D Scanner and Dr Trpkova creates personalized trays that make gradual adjustments to reposition your teeth. The aligners gently exert pressure to shift teeth into desired positions, including horizontal, vertical or rotated movements. The removable trays should be worn at least 20 hours every day for the best results, and each aligner is worn for a certain period of time before you switch to the next one in the series of trays. Length of treatment depends on the severity of your condition, as well as properly following Dr. Trpkova’s instructions during treatment.
What are the benefits?
Clear aligners provide many benefits to patients. These include:
- Invisible – the aligners are so invisible that others may not even notice you’re wearing them.
- Removable – aligners are removed during eating and cleaning. There are no restrictions about what you can eat, and you can follow your normal oral hygiene routine.
- Comfortable – there are no wires to poke your mouth and the smooth plastic aligners do not cause irritation.
- Confidence – your confidence level improves both during and after treatment.
- Tooth condition – aligners can help prevent tooth wear caused by grinding. This saves your tooth enamel.
Are they right for me?
Clear aligners are a great choice for patients with mild to moderate tooth misalignment, gaps, or crowding. Dr. Trpkova is experienced in treating patients with all levels of orthodontic problems and can tell you if clear aligners are right for you.